I'm using ROS Melodic. I have already downloaded the "turtlebot" folder into my "ROS_Package_Path" (as catkin_ws/src). I could Source it using: $ . ~/catkin_ws/devel/setup.bash However, when I used the command: $ roslaunch turtlebot_gazebo main.launch , I received the following problem:

Use the following script to fix incorrect usage: find . -iname "*.xacro" | xargs sed -i 's#<([/]\?)(if\|unless\|include\|arg\|property\|macro\|insert_block)#<\1xacro:\2#g' when processing file: /home/sysadmin/catkin_ws/src/turtlebot_description/urdf/turtlebot_properties.urdf.xacro included from: /home/sysadmin/catkin_ws/src/turtlebot_description/urdf/turtlebot_library.urdf.xacro included from: /home/sysadmin/catkin_ws/src/turtlebot_description/robots/kobuki_hexagons_kinect.urdf.xacro

resource not found: create_description ROS path [0]=/opt/ros/melodic/share/ros ROS path [1]=/home/sysadmin/catkin_ws/src ROS path [2]=/opt/ros/melodic/share None when processing file: /home/sysadmin/catkin_ws/src/turtlebot_description/urdf/turtlebot_library.urdf.xacro included from: /home/sysadmin/catkin_ws/src/turtlebot_description/robots/kobuki_hexagons_kinect.urdf.xacro RLException: while processing /home/sysadmin/catkin_ws/src/turtlebot_gazebo/launch/includes/kobuki.launch.xml: Invalid <param> tag: Cannot load command parameter [robot_description]: command [/opt/ros/melodic/share/xacro/xacro.py '/home/sysadmin/catkin_ws/src/turtlebot_description/robots/kobuki_hexagons_kinect.urdf.xacro'] returned with code [2].

Param xml is <param command="$(arg urdf_file)" name="robot_description"/> The traceback for the exception was written to the log file

Please sincerely let me know why this problem appears and how to fix it. Thank you so much.

asked 23 Aug, 14:06

hr.nemati%40gmail.com's gravatar image

hr.nemati@gm...
accept rate: 0%

Hello @hr.nemati,

You can check in wiki page of ROS the distributions that a given package supports. For example, turtlebot 3 supports Kinetic and Melodic (http://wiki.ros.org/turtlebot3_simulations)

Which turtlebot are you trying to use? And where did you download it from?

Please, provide more details about the code you are trying to run and I'll try to help you.

permanent link

answered 26 Aug, 22:21

marcoarruda's gravatar image

marcoarruda ♦♦
accept rate: 20%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×19
×4
×1
×1

question asked: 23 Aug, 14:06

question was seen: 575 times

last updated: 26 Aug, 22:21