when I try to run the simulation for my robot the terminal shows error: No valid hardware interface element found in joint 'left_wheel_hinge’ No valid hardware interface element found in joint 'right_wheel_hinge’ But I think I have added hardware interface for them. could it be problem of that there are some pkgs for controllers I didnt install? my joint and transmission tag:

<joint name="${lr}_wheel_hinge" type="continuous"> <type>transmission_interface/SimpleTransmission</type> <parent link="chassis"/> <child link="${lr}_wheel"/> <origin xyz="${-wheelPos+chassisLength/2} ${tY*wheelWidth/2+tY*chassisWidth/2} ${wheelRadius}" rpy="0 0 0"/> <axis xyz="0 1 0" rpy="0 0 0"/> <limit effort="100" velocity="100"/> <joint_properties damping="0.0" friction="0.0"/> </joint>

<transmission name="${lr}_trans"> <type>transmission_interface/SimpleTransmission</type> <joint name="${lr}_wheel_hinge"/> <joint name="${lr}_wheel_hinge"> <hardwareinterface>hardware_interface/EffortJointInterface</hardwareinterface> </joint> <actuator name="${lr}Motor"> <hardwareinterface>EffortJointInterface</hardwareinterface> <mechanicalreduction>10</mechanicalreduction> </actuator> </transmission>

Is there anything wrong?

asked 04 Sep, 17:51

peixuan_gao%40163.com's gravatar image

peixuan_gao@...
accept rate: 0%

Hello @peixuan_gao,

Could you provide more details about this problem? In which course/topic have you had this error?

permanent link

answered 08 Sep, 14:06

marcoarruda's gravatar image

marcoarruda ♦♦
accept rate: 20%

Thank you for your reply. I have already found a solution. I wasn't following a course from you. I was trying to simulate a car-like sensor and use ros controller to move it.

(09 Sep, 14:22) peixuan_gao@...

Thank you for your reply. I have already found a solution. I wasn't following a course from you. I was trying to simulate a car-like robot and use ros controller to move it. And the problem is actually caused by some bugs or the mismatch between ros and gazebo. And here's how to solve it, for those who have met the same probelem: <joint name="${lr}_wheel_hinge" type="continuous"> <type>transmission_interface/SimpleTransmission</type> <parent link="chassis"/> <child link="${lr}_wheel"/> <origin xyz="${-wheelPos+chassisLength/2} ${tY*wheelWidth/2+tY*chassisWidth/2} ${wheelRadius}" rpy="0 0 0"/> <axis xyz="0 1 0" rpy="0 0 0"/> <limit effort="100" velocity="100"/> <joint_properties damping="0.0" friction="0.0"/> </joint>

<transmission name="${lr}_trans"> **<type>transmission_interface/SimpleTransmission</type>** <joint name="${lr}_wheel_hinge"> **<hardwareinterface>hardware_interface/EffortJointInterface</hardwareinterface>** </joint> <actuator name="${lr}Motor"> **<hardwareinterface>hardware_interface/EffortJointInterface</hardwareinterface>** <mechanicalreduction>10</mechanicalreduction> </actuator> </transmission>

strong text

permanent link

answered 09 Sep, 14:22

peixuan_gao%40163.com's gravatar image

peixuan_gao@...
accept rate: 0%

edited 09 Sep, 14:24

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×1

question asked: 04 Sep, 17:51

question was seen: 122 times

last updated: 09 Sep, 14:24

Related questions