I have followed the instructions cited in the Exercise 2.1, but I get always an error when I want to compile the package topic _ publisher_ pkg with catkin _ make, the code I used fore creating the package : catkin _ create _ pkg topic _ publisher _ pkg roscpp std _ msgs.

The error:

• Could not find the required component 'st_msgs'. The following CMake error indicates that you either need to install the package with the same name or change your environment so that it can be found. CMake Error at /opt/ros/kinetic/share/catkin/cmake/catkinConfig.cmake:83 (find_package): Could not find a package configuration file provided by "st_msgs" with any of the following names:

st _ msgsConfig.cmake st _ msgs-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "st_msgs" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "st_msgs_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files. If "st_msgs" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed. Call Stack (most recent call first): topic_publisher_pkg/CMakeLists.txt:10 (find_package)

asked 07 Dec '18, 08:27

housseyne.nadour's gravatar image

housseyne.na...
accept rate: 0%

I discoverd my mistake, it was in the topic_publisher.launch, I should've put name="topic_publisher" instead of name="ObiWan", ObiWan has nothing to do with this exemple.

permanent link

answered 07 Dec '18, 10:01

housseyne.nadour's gravatar image

housseyne.na...
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×2
×1

question asked: 07 Dec '18, 08:27

question was seen: 116 times

last updated: 07 Dec '18, 10:01

Related questions