I had completed your live extra class 2 video on (How to use GPS to do autonomous robot navigation) and and tried to make it as shown in video in my laptop having ROS Kinetic the workspace had build successfully but I don't know how to fuse the GPS and IMU sensor data and how to implement it in hardware system of my robot. So how can I do that in my Robot?

asked 22 Dec '18, 19:55

dhimanairao's gravatar image

dhimanairao
accept rate: 0%

In order to fuse GPS and IMU data on your robot, you need to have a GPS and IMU sensor running on your robot. Do you have it?

Then you need those sensors to publish on a ROS topic, like in the example of the Extra Live Class. In the Live Class, we used a simulation of a robot that was already publishing on the gps and imu topics. But in your robot, it is you who has to assure that that publication is performed by using a ROS driver to your actual devices. Do you have a publisher of GPS and IMU data in your robot?

If you have it, then you only have to follow the steps of the Live Class. Just apply the same steps but in the computer of your robot.

Let me know if this clarifies or not your question

permanent link

answered 09 Jan, 11:37

rtellez%40theconstructsim.com's gravatar image

rtellez@thec... ♦♦
accept rate: 20%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×3
×2

question asked: 22 Dec '18, 19:55

question was seen: 57 times

last updated: 09 Jan, 11:37