I created a custom Message Age.msg in the package my_package and compiled with no errors. I also found the Age.msg in the message list :

alt text

I created a python script in the src folder of the same package, then trying to import the message I created. I made it a point to name the python file differently from the name of the package File Name : Age_Pulisher.py Package : my_package I'm unable to import the custom message Age alt text

asked 05 May, 14:10

eashwar.erahan's gravatar image

eashwar.erahan
accept rate: 0%

Hey @eashwar.erahan,

Did you remember to source the shells after running catkin_make? After setting up your message file, you need to "compile" with two commands as shown below:

user:~/catkin_ws$ catkin_make
user:~/catkin_ws$ source devel/setup.bash # you need to run this in every shell

Update

Hi @eashwar.erahan, thanks for the feedback on the IDE issue, we'll look into that.

permanent link

answered 06 May, 09:07

bayodesegun%40bayodesegun.com's gravatar image

bayodesegun@...
accept rate: 41%

edited 09 May, 09:25

Thanks for your input @bayodesegun.

Yes I did source it. I think there is a bug in the IDE platform. I ran the script using the launch file and it works fine. I just made sure by using the "rostopic echo" command and the message is getting published. Wish I figured this out earlier. alt text

But the IDE still throws an Error. I'm still wondering if I'm doing some mistakes or its just the IDE's bug alt text

permanent link

answered 06 May, 09:56

eashwar.erahan's gravatar image

eashwar.erahan
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×3

question asked: 05 May, 14:10

question was seen: 43 times

last updated: 09 May, 09:25