Cannot show local costmap

Hi

I followed the guide but I can not show local cost map on the rviz?
Help me, please?

move_base.launch

<!-- Run move_base -->
  <node pkg="move_base" type="move_base" respawn="false" name="move_base" output="screen">
      <rosparam file="$(find my_summit_path_planning)/config/move_base_params.yaml" command="load" />
      <rosparam file="$(find my_summit_path_planning)/config/costmap_common_params.yaml" command="load" />
      <rosparam file="$(find my_summit_path_planning)/config/costmap_common_params.yaml" command="load" />

<rosparam file="$(find my_summit_path_planning)/config/local_costmap_params.yaml" command="load" />
      <param name="local_costmap/width" value="10.0"/>
      <param name="local_costmap/height" value="10.0"/>

<rosparam file="$(find my_summit_path_planning)/config/global_costmap_params_map.yaml" command="load" />

<rosparam file="$(find my_summit_path_planning)/config/dwa_local_planner_params.yaml" command="load" />
      <rosparam file="$(find my_summit_path_planning)/config/global_planner_params.yaml" command="load" />

<param name="base_global_planner" value="navfn/NavfnROS" />
      <param name="base_local_planner" value="dwa_local_planner/DWAPlannerROS" />
      <param name="controller_frequency" value="5.0" />
      <param name="controller_patience" value="15.0" />
  </node>

costmap_common_params.yaml
obstacle_range: 2.5
raytrace_range: 3.0

footprint: [[0.35, -0.3], [0.35, 0.3], [-0.35,0.3], [-0.35, -0.3]]

publish_frequency: 1.0

inflation_layer:
inflation_radius: 0.5

obstacle_layer:
observation_sources: hokuyo_laser
hokuyo_laser: {sensor_frame: summit_xl_a_front_laser_links, data_type: LaserScan, topic: /hokuyo_base/scan, marking: true, clearing: true}

static:
map_topic: /map
subscribe_to_updates: true

global_costmap_params_map.yaml
global_costmap:
global_frame: map
robot_base_frame: summit_xl_a_base_footprint
update_frequency: 5.0
static_map: true

plugins:
  - {name: static,                  type: "costmap_2d::StaticLayer"}
  - {name: inflation_layer,         type: "costmap_2d::InflationLayer"}

local_costmap_params.yaml
local_costmap:
global_frame: summit_xl_a_odom
robot_base_frame: summit_xl_a_base_footprint
update_frequency: 5.0
static_map: false
rolling_window: true
width: 5.0
height: 5.0
resolution: 0.05

padding is 0.1 by default, making difficult to pass through narrow places

footprint_padding: 0.0

plugins:

• {name: obstacles_layer, type: “costmap_2d::ObstacleLayer”}
  • {name: inflation_layer, type: “costmap_2d::InflationLayer”}

Hi, a couple of questions to understand your case:

1. Do you have any errors during launch? This is the first step to debug.
  2. Are you able to echo the local costmap topic in a terminal?
  3. I believe footprint_padding is a global costmap parameter, but maybe it is for local as well. A 0.0 padding would mean that your global costmap does not show a gray padding against the walls and obstacles. Can you increase it to show the padding?
  4. Can you show your rviz?
  1. Do you have any errors during launch? This is the first step to debug.
    → No, I don’t. I will show you the terminal

→ In ROS Navigation 5 days, I will get the message: odom received! but not this time

2. Are you able to echo the local costmap topic in a terminal?
    → I can echo

3. padding. I change the padding to 0.1. But I still can not see the local cost map

4. my rviz

please, help!

Thanks for the screenshots.

It looks like indeed there aren’t any errors at launch, and that you could see a message provided by the local costmap in rqt.

This leads me to believe there is an issue with rviz visualization, not the actual local costmap.

I can see three Map elements in rviz. One of those should correspond to the local costmap topic, could you verify that it is the correct one?

Another thing you can do is check if the local control actually works and add a dynamic obstacle like a cube in your gazebo environment and send a goal that goes across it.

1. 3 map elements of Rviz are for /map, /…local_cost_map, /…global_cost_map

2. I send a goal via rviz but the robot does not move. In terminal show got plan. That’s all

Please check and help, thanks

Thank you for sharing the information. We will create an issue for this instructions set and get back to you as soon as possible.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.