Unable to register with master node [http://localhost:11311]: master may not be running yet. Will keep trying

Hello,

I have been trying to setup openai ros package and run some tasks from the openai contruct course locally. I successfully launched turtle-bot training and now Im working on launching Fetch training. I have figured out some errors but now Im stuck on:

rosrun my_fetch_training A3C_Continuous_fetch.py

Unable to register with master node [http://localhost:11311]: master may not be running yet. Will keep trying.

Can you explain me why the master node doesnt start and how it should be started. For tutlebot training everything started without problems.It would be nice if you could help me in this.

Best regards,
Roberts

ok, I understood that I need to run it through launch file. I have question regarding name parameter of the launch file. What it means and to what it refers, to env.py file name or some previous openai or ros package?

For example: name=“cartpole_gym”

Best regards,
Roberts

rosparam command=“load” file=“$(find cartpole_v0_training)/config/cartpole_qlearn_params.yaml” /
!-- Launch the training system –
node pkg=“cartpole_v0_training” name=“cartpole_gym” type=“start_training.py” output=“screen”/

for example if i place name as fetch_push which is in openai package as well I get error:

process[fetch_push-1]: started with pid [36725]
2024-03-29 20:04:18.146559: W tensorflow/stream_executor/platform/default/dso_loader.cc:60] Could not load dynamic library ‘libcudart.so.11.0’; dlerror: libcudart.so.11.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory; LD_LIBRARY_PATH: /home/rob/catkin_ws/devel/lib:/opt/ros/melodic/lib
2024-03-29 20:04:18.146583: I tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cudart_stub.cc:29] Ignore above cudart dlerror if you do not have a GPU set up on your machine.
usage: A3C_Continuous_fetch.py [-h] [–gamma GAMMA] [–update_interval UPDATE_INTERVAL] [–actor_lr ACTOR_LR] [–critic_lr CRITIC_LR]
A3C_Continuous_fetch.py: error: unrecognized arguments: __name:=fetch_push __log:=/home/rob/.ros/log/be5c5a88-ede2-11ee-8867-d8bbc1543f91/fetch_push-1.log
[fetch_push-1] process has died [pid 36725, exit code 2, cmd /home/rob/catkin_ws/src/my_fetch_training/scripts/A3C_Continuous_fetch.py __name:=fetch_push __log:=/home/rob/.ros/log/be5c5a88-ede2-11ee-8867-d8bbc1543f91/fetch_push-1.log].
log file: /home/rob/.ros/log/be5c5a88-ede2-11ee-8867-d8bbc1543f91/fetch_push-1*.log
all processes on machine have died, roslaunch will exit
shutting down processing monitor…
… shutting down processing monitor complete

Supporting local installs is out of our support cope, but we still try to help as much as possible.

Therefore, you should try to solve this on your own or at least try to understand the error and provide clear error messages when you run into them.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.